First Responders: Stop, Drop and Roll into the 2017 University of Affordability Conference
first re·spond·er: Someone designated or trained to respond to an emergency
The 2017 University of Affordability attendees enjoyed a super kickoff to the conference – Mark McDaniel, AKA Captain America, provided an entertaining start to the conference. He had a message for the attendees – over the next two days, we would work together to learn how to eliminate “evil” in the affordable housing industry. What is evil in our industry? Weeds, fires, boilers that don’t work, vacancies, grumpy staff, unreasonable maintenance costs and expense budgets. Mark knows property managers are Superheroes that work tirelessly to provide residents and communities with healthy, safe, vibrant places to call home. The property management teams are on the ground, similar to first responders who are put on the front line every day to deal with problems and keep people safe. They are also responsible for the ongoing financial success of the community. As a lender and investor, Cinnaire has very high regard and appreciation for the role maintenance staff, site managers, leasing staff, and regional managers play in making our loans and investments successful.
- Nearly 40 educational sessions over the course of 1.5 days
- Keynote speaker Sarah Brabbs, author of a book on dealing with difficult people, shared insight and tips for successful professional and personal relationships
- Keynote speaker Denise Stein, Art of Leadership Advisors, provided a comprehensive overview on the importance of building a bridge of support and identifying and bridging the leadership gap within organizations
- The Community Economic Development Association of Michigan
(CEDAM) partnered with Cinnaire to provide a full track on Energy Efficiency
- The First Responders Tradeshow provided an opportunity for attendees to interact with vendors and to try their hand at an interactive game of Operation, First Responder Edition, to
be entered in to prize drawings.
To view pictures from the 2017 University of Affordability, please click here.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 SPONSORS
Presenting Sponsors Plante Moran, Ginosko Development Company and Oakwood Construction