WE Build Program
Women Empowered to Build
- Woman-owned, real estate development business or woman-led nonprofit.
- Have at least 2 years of commercial real estate or business experience.
- Have site control with an active real estate development project.
- Demonstrate a connection or commitment to responsible and sustainable real estate. development with your development project or development business.
- Commit to in-person training for up to (6) hours once per month and virtual technical assistance for up to (2) hours twice per month during the program term.
- Commit to a minimum of (1) active site visit during the program term.
- Attend 90% or more of in-person and virtual programming to successfully meet the program requirements.
- Submit an application for a recoverable grant up to $50,000 for pre-development activities.
- Commit to continuing real estate development project funding with Cinnaire.
Disclaimer: All program training and materials are Michigan-based and follow Michigan laws.
All participants are required to attend programming in-person on the following dates:
|WE Build Sessions 2024|
|January 12, 2024||January 26, 2024||February 9, 2024|
|March 8, 2024||May 10, 2024||June 14, 2024|
|July 12, 2024||August 9, 2024||September 13, 2024|
|October 11, 2024||November 8, 2024||December Graduation (TBD)|
Who We Are
Cinnaire Community Connection (CCC) provides support to empower neighborhoods to become vibrant and full of opportunities through impact investments and innovative collaborative partnerships. CCC has offices in Detroit, Michigan and Wilmington, Delaware. In addition to the WE Build program in Detroit, there is a similar program in Wilmington DE called Jumpstart Wilmington. For more information, please visit their website.
The Women's Sustainable Development Initiative (WSDI) is a Michigan nonprofit corporation whose mission is to support emerging women commercial real estate developers working on projects located in low-income communities that incorporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) components, with a priority focus on women developers who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color (BIPOC).
WSDI provides funding, educational resources, and meaningful networking connections to women commercial real estate developers, primarily those who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color.
Home Office - Lansing
1118 South Washington
Lansing MI, 48910
320 North Meridian, Suite 516
Indianapolis IN, 46204
100 W. 10th Street, Suite 502
Wilmington, DE 19801
225 West Washington, Suite 1350
Chicago, IL 60606
10 E. Doty Street, Suite 617
Madison, WI 53703
100 Cesar E. Chavez Ave., Suite 202
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
2111 Woodward Avenue, Suite 600
Detroit, MI 48201
231 E. Buffalo Street, Suite 302
Milwaukee, WI 53202