Today Cinnaire unveiled the organization’s 2019-2023 Strategic Plan, a culmination of almost a year’s research and goal setting built with the input of Cinnaire’s staff, board of directors and a group of partners. The comprehensive plan will guide Cinnaire’s growth and amplify the impact the company creates throughout its nine-state geography.
“Cinnaire’s 2019-2023 Strategic Plan leverages and focuses our expertise and resources to solve major housing and community redevelopment challenges for low-income people and underserved communities,” said Mark McDaniel, Cinnaire president & CEO.
The plan builds on Cinnaire’s strong history in affordable housing. It focuses on increasing opportunities for homeownership and preserving the supply of affordable housing in areas of need, advancing Cinnaire’s mission of creating and supporting the components of healthy communities, and strengthening the organization’s long-term sustainability. The plan’s six primary objectives include:
- Bringing capital, development capacity, and expertise to improve the lives of people in the communities it serves.
- Optimizing established business lines and engaging at the community level in three Priority Cities – Detroit; Wilmington, DE; and LaCrosse, WI – to provide capital and support services to local developers and nonprofits, especially those owned by people of color.
- Delivering a range of flexible, competitive loan products to the communities it serves to pursue not only the creation of housing, but also the preservation of existing affordable housing.
- Growing Cinnaire Solutions, Cinnaire’s development group, to develop critical properties, co-develop with local developers and boost capacity for local partners.
- Raising more diverse sets of capital to support communities and maintain a healthy financial position.
- Making investments in and broadening staff, board of directors and systems.
“We are strategically positioning Cinnaire for the future, with a focused and effective plan to positively impact communities throughout our footprint,” said Jim Peffley, Cinnaire Chief Strategy Officer. “We look forward to collaborating with our nonprofit partners, developers and community leaders to make transformative change for communities while providing individuals with opportunities for empowerment.”
Cinnaire’s strategic plan was developed with guidance from CDFI industry experts Adina Abramowitz from Consulting for Change, Mark Pinsky of Five/Four Advisors and Barry Zigas of Zigas and Associates. Cinnaire Chief Strategy Officer Jim Peffley and Adina Abramowitz discuss the CDFI Industry and Cinnaire’s Strategic Plan in the most recent Advancing CommunitiesPodcast. Click here to listen to Cinnaire’s Advancing Communities Podcast.
To view Cinnaire’s 2019-2023 Strategic Plan, click here.