The COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in a dramatic and unprecedented policy response from Washington. What does this response mean for affordable housing and community development? In this episode, Cinnaire CSO Jim Peffley is joined by a panel of national community development policy advocates — Jennifer Vasiloff, Chief External Affairs Officer at Opportunity Finance Network (OFN); Shannon Ross, Vice President Government Relations at Housing Partnership Network (HPN); and Chris Neary, Vice President of Policy and Advocacy at Cinnaire. These individuals are working to secure support for affordable housing and community development efforts as part of the federal government’s response to the COVID-19 crisis. On the heels of an unprecedented $2.2 trillion relief package passed by Congress, Jim and the panel explore what’s been provided to date and what’s being discussed as possible policy responses going forward, including support for CDFIs, the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, and other important federal programs.
Listen as our panel of advocacy experts weigh in on these key subjects and more:
- How Congress has responded to the crisis to date — and what that means for affordable housing
- The latest on the new small business and nonprofit lending program
- Potential future policy responses for CDFIs and affordable housing
- How the initial federal response and economic stimulus package differs from programs initiated in 2008/2009
- Strategies for advocating for additional community development and affordable housing relief in the next bills.
Listen to this up-to-the-minute discussion in our Special COVID-19 Response Podcast Series, (recorded March 30, 2020) to help you manage through these critical issues facing the affordable housing and community development industries.