Cinnaire’s Advancing Communities Podcast includes a special asset management series called AM With A&M. Asset management experts April Priebe (A) and Miranda Bialk (M) bringing together experts in the asset management industry to discuss issues, share strategies and provide resources to professionals working in the AM field.
In this month’s podcast, April and Miranda invite Beth Baar, Manager, Construction & Lease Up with Cinnaire, to explain the vital role Asset Management plays within the affordable housing industry. She discusses the importance of having open conversations with partners to identify issues and solutions that will be productive and meaningful for all.
As a syndicator, Cinnaire balances the needs of both investors and developers to ensure compliance of Section 42 program tax credit investments for affordable housing. In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- How asset management is related to syndication;
- How AM’s construction and lease Up teams work to mitigate risks to ensure a project maintains LIHTC compliance during the building process;
- The value of selecting an experienced contractor and property manager;
- The importance of managing the project once it’s determined to be a stabilized asset;
- The role of the asset manager throughout the 10- to15-year compliance period;
- The challenges facing the real estate industry due to skyrocketing insurance rates.
About Our Moderators: April is an asset manager for Cinnaire’s special assets and Miranda is an asset manager for construction and lease up. Together they have over 22 years of experience working in affordable housing, specifically with property and asset management.
To listen to Advancing Communities Podcast, click below for: