Cinnaire’s Advancing Communities Podcast brings together our Chief Strategy Officer, Jim Peffley, with thought leaders, policy makers, and others who are making an impact in the community development and affordable housing industries. Our guests share their experiences and perspective on a range of topics, each supporting the belief that all people deserve the opportunities provided by living in healthy communities.
In this episode, Jim sits down with Dionna Sargent, Vice President of Community Development at Cinnaire who launched Jumpstart Wilmington, a program that was designed to train and equip aspiring developers with information and resources needed to revitalize their communities. Jim and Dionna are joined by Cassandra Sifford and Wali Rushdan, two Jumpstart Wilmington graduates who are currently developing projects in Wilmington. Cassandra and Wali share how their experience with Jumpstart Wilmington has impacted their development projects.
Check out the podcast as Jim, Dionna, Cassandra, and Wali discuss:
- What inspired Cassandra and Wali to participate in Jumpstart Wilmington
- The tools they learned through the program and how they are using those tools to support their development goals
- How Jumpstart training helped to navigate development challenges
- The impact they hope to make for communities as a result of Jumpstart
- The role mentors, speakers, and community members played throughout the program