The Vice President, Business Development (VPBD) is responsible for executing Cinnaire’s business development strategy within a defined geographic location to improve the quality of life for the residents within this footprint. The VPBD identifies business opportunities, markets Cinnaire’s full range of products and services, negotiates business terms, and secures commitments. The VPBD is responsible for developing and managing relationships with key clients and partners and working collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- Analyze market needs and identify opportunities for Cinnaire to deploy its products in support of Cinnaire’s mission.
- Build relationships with real estate developers, public officials and staff, and non-profit and private sector partners to identify needs and business opportunities.
- Request project information, and perform and submit initial analysis of equity and loan transactions.
- Work with the Analyst, and Underwriting and Business Funding teams as transactions are modeled, priced, and terms finalized, working to ensure timely response to client.
- Work with the Analyst and Underwriting team to prepare letters of intent for business clients.
- Negotiate business terms with client, consulting with Underwriting and adhering to internal authorities of delegation.
- Secure signed commitments from clients on letters of intents and transfer to Underwriting.
- Maintain overall relationship management of client throughout life cycle of the transaction.
- Perform work necessary to achieve annual business goals, and track progress against goals.
- Attend conferences, seminars and public events to maintain relationships, build new relationships and gain industry knowledge.
- Speak on conference panels and at public meetings to raise awareness of Cinnaire and our products and services.
- Join associations and boards and identify sponsorship opportunities as determined necessary to carry out the goals of the position and Cinnaire’s mission.
- Maintain deep knowledge of real estate market dynamics, competition, Cinnaire product parameters, policy developments and industry trends.
- Physical requirements include driving and walking.
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent experience required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven or more years of progressive related work experience.
- Deep knowledge of real estate market dynamics and fundamentals.
- Previous experience working with affordable housing and community development products and programs including LIHTC, Fannie Mae and FHA multifamily products. Experience with NMTC, HOME, CDBG and AHP is a plus.
30 – 40%