The Senior Financial Modeling Analyst works under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Business Funding to analyze and develop fund models for tax credit equity funds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, structures, and update tax advantaged equity funds for Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), as well as for historic tax credit equity and state tax credit equity.
- Creates and updates financial models and templates that support the assessment and valuation of potential acquisition and investment targets. Includes tranches, bridging, etc.
- Recommends Low Income Housing Tax Credit deals for Fund/Investor Placement.
- Participates in the onboarding of new investors, policies, and procedures, including call schedules, depreciation schedules, investor schedules, and maintaining exhibits.
- Recommends process improvements to enhance efficiencies and mitigate errors.
- Works collaboratively to assemble information required to meet investors’ needs.
- Reviews equity fund partnership agreements, private placement memorandums, and legal documents for new funds.
- Manages and integrates data from a variety of sources into cohesive and comprehensive presentations and reports.
- Participates in analyzing new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, business, accounting, mathematics.
- A minimum of five years of equivalent work experience required.
- Advanced data modeling skills using spreadsheets and other business intelligence tools to create financial models.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives in a dynamic environment.
- Strong skills in Office 365 required, with expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment.
- Knowledge of fund concepts required, including time value of money, internal rates of return, return on investment, and components that will impact fund performance.
- Tax credit syndication experience preferred.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decision.
- Intellectual Agility: Can flex and adapt thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances; does not limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Perseverance: Accepts uncertainty by remaining focused and engaged on assignments; looks for plausible solutions to difficult problems.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Senior Vice President, Business Funding
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: Minimal (5%)Apply