Job Summary: The President, Cinnaire Lending is responsible for overseeing the lending operations of a diversified nonprofit lending company, which includes affordable multifamily rental housing lending and Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) lending. This leader oversees originations and all operational areas supporting the lending business, including underwriting, closing, portfolio management and loan servicing. We are seeking an experienced leader in the lending field to oversee the growth and operations of our lending company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a cohesive team supporting a diversified nonprofit lending company.
- Establish clear policies governing all areas of the origination and portfolio management process.
- Lead Cinnaire’s origination strategy for the lending business, partnering with the EVP Business Development.
- Oversee the development/management of credit policies for the loan business.
- Oversees the budget and ensures resources are properly allocated.
- Directs the allocation of resources to deployment on loans.
- Directs and leads the team to achieve the priorities articulated in the Strategic Plan.
- Develops and maintains relationships with funding sources.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Board of Directors.
- Reports to Cinnaire Lending Board of Directors and Cinnaire Executive team on performance related to goals and strategies.
- Minimum of ten years of experience with a lending company involved in affordable housing or community development lending, the majority of which should be in a senior role managing major aspects of the business.
- Experience managing a lending business.
- Background in real estate finance.
- Experience working with CDFI related programs.
- Strong network in the affordable housing and/or community development fields.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from accredited university (finance, accounting, or real estate preferred).
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership Development: Coaches and develops others by seeking to understand their strengths and development needs.
- Resource Optimization: Applies knowledge of internal structures and existing talent to accomplish goals.
- Customer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new or modify current client services.
Reporting Relationship: Executive Vice President Community Development
Supervisory Relationship: VP Underwriting, Director of Lending, Director of Portfolio Management and Loan Servicing Manager.
Travel Required: Estimated to approximate 20%Apply