The Loan Officer At-Large (LOAL)) is responsible for vetting loan opportunities and structuring loans in Cinnaire’s 9-state footprint. The LOAL maintains a pipeline of potential loan transactions in these markets in conjunction with Cinnaire’s Business Development team as well as other staff who refer loan prospects. The LOAL manages prospective borrower and other partner relationships, analyzing referred loans for credit risk and impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds trusting relationships with Cinnaire’s existing Business Development team, as well as with other staff at Cinnaire who refer potential loan transactions. Provides proactive customer service to internal stakeholders to ensure that loan referrals are handled promptly and professionally.
- Manages a pipeline of potential loan transactions that are consistent with Cinnaire Lending’s business strategy and credit policy.
- Serves as the point of contact on the Cinnaire Lending team for potential borrowers throughout the intake and feasibility assessment process, providing technical assistance as needed to structure viable loans.
- Supports loan pipeline data collection, tracking progress from referral through signed term sheet in Cinnaire’s pipeline system. Ensures a smooth and efficient handoff of borrowers to the underwriting team and provides ongoing customer service when needed as loans progress through underwriting.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements to support best practices in borrower intake, feasibility assessment, and provision of technical assistance.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Strong communication and financial analysis skills required.
- Five or more years’ experience in community development lending.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Resource Optimization: Applies knowledge of internal structures and existing talent to accomplish a goal.
- Diversity Awareness: Identifies the benefits and advantages of harnessing the collective insights from various individuals in the organization.
- Costumer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director, Loan Originations
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: Up to 40%Apply