Job Summary: The Grants Manager is responsible for writing and submitting all grant proposals and reports, maintaining the grants database and timelines and prospecting new funding.
The Grants Manager reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Capital Strategies (SVPCCS) and provides critical support to Cinnaire Lending on securing the needed operating funds and capital resources related to affordable housing lending and other community development lending offerings to better meet target needs. In conjunction with the SVPCCS, the Grants Manager will work with the Cinnaire Community Connection (CCC) market leaders to develop specific fundraising initiatives supporting their articulated community development strategy and work in those communities, and to identify and build relationships with both current and potential new funding partners to meet fundraising goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the CCC team, Cinnaire Lending, and the SVPCCS, develops narratives that articulate a compelling strategy to provide to philanthropic funders active in affordable housing and community development.
- Leads grant proposal development in collaboration with CCC and the SVPCCS.
- Coordinates, prepares and manages Cinnaire’s responses to funding opportunities.
- Manages consultants engaged to support grant applications.
- Assists in developing pitches for funders in support of Cinnaire’s ongoing business endeavors and new initiatives.
- Partners with Cinnaire staff to meet Cinnaire’s fundraising goals through research, prospect identification, proposal development and retention activities.
- Operationalizes and refines the existing grant development process for grant proposals.
- Operationalizes and refines the existing onboarding and tracking process, including researching and preparing appropriate template of grant/foundation deadlines for Cinnaire team members to access.
- Leads compliance and reporting for grant awards, including gathering loan data related to projects and operations supported by grants.
- Serves as the liaison to Cinnaire Lending for impact tracking to support resource development.
- Coordinates with appropriate business units and the impact, measurement and evaluation team to develop/refine processes to capture metrics and fund dollars deployed to assess resource impact.
- Accesses appropriate software reporting systems to create reports to support grant proposals.
- Coordinates with other departments to submit successful grant proposal packages and awards including data collection.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or 3-7 years of work experience with nonprofit administration, grant writing, or fundraising)
- 3+ years of experience in fundraising, grant writing or grants management
- Demonstrated analytical, succinct and persuasive writing and editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to funders
- Strong administrative skills; self-motivated with the ability to set prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Demonstrated knowledge about and affinity for community development
- Familiarity and experience working with national, governmental and local funders a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Perseverance: Accepts uncertainty by remaining focused and engaged on assignments. Looks for plausible solutions to difficult problems.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation toward a goal. Draws upon knowledge and professional judgement to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
- Big Picture Perspective: Seeing beyond a specific business area and considering the broader strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Customer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to SVP, Corporate Capital Strategies
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 10-15%Apply