Job Summary: The Fund Manager, as part of the Asset Management team, is responsible for the reporting requirements of equity funds and other Cinnaire investments, and management of equity funds. The Fund Manager plays a key role in maintaining investor relations and coordination with other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, prepares, reviews, and delivers quarterly reporting information to investors, and maintains LIHTC fund benefit schedules and supporting schedules.
- Prepares the portfolio statistics, charts and graphs for presentation at board meetings, investors due diligence meetings, etc.
- Coordinates the collection and review of specific audits and tax returns for investments, to ensure fund-level audits and tax returns are completed by applicable deadlines.
- Reviews fund level tax returns.
- Prepares quarterly investor capital calls for LIHTC funds.
- Works with asset managers to review and approve refinancing opportunities at the operating partnership from the perspective of the impact to the fund and investors.
- Completes annual analysis of potential impairment of lower tier entities.
- Maintains communication with the disposition team to provide guidance and feedback regarding various requests for early exits, including projecting any resulting fund impact to investors on a timely basis.
- Responds to investor information requests, including ongoing and ad hoc requests for all funds, and ensures reporting information meets or exceeds investor expectations and business needs.
- Designs and utilizes reports within the proprietary database system and works with Asset Management to increase database reporting efficiencies.
- Prepares necessary analyses and schedules in preparation for the disposition of LIHTC equity funds.
- Stays abreast of changes to current law and/or IRS regulations and communicates the impact of changes to investors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Five+ years finance, accounting, or other related experience
- Experience reviewing and analyzing financial statements, tax returns and analysis of multi-property portfolio performance.
- Experience communicating with various audiences, including investors, multiple CPA firms, boards, and inter-departmental teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications.
- Innovative thinker with an aptitude for continuous improvement.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances; does not limit problem solving to one approach or methodologies.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation toward a goal; draws upon knowledge and professional judgment to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Senior Vice President, Asset Management
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: Minimal (5%)
Benefits Offered: Medical, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Paid Mobile Phone Service, Unlimited PTO, Incentive Compensation, 403(b) Plan, and Profit-Sharing Plan.