The Financial Analyst assists in managing the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) financing tool for community development investments. The Financial Analyst supports the NMTC team by collection, analysis, and reporting of information received from community development real estate projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and saves community development project financial statements, compliance certificates, and impact information.
- Reviews collected documents, follows up on missing information.
- Performs initial completion of risk rating form for each community development project, including participation in project update meetings.
- Initiates the NMTC compliance testing using various financial and tax figures.
- Performs reporting of community development project impact and program reporting.
- Assists in coordinating project pipeline information, including request of information from projects and the completion of analysis used to facilitate project selection.
- Assists NMTC team in management of internal requests from other Cinnaire departments.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Two years of continuous professional work experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Word) required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Can flex and adapt thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Doesn’t limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation toward a goal. Draws upon knowledge and professional judgement to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
- Self-Development: Operate with the mindset of continuous improvement. Embrace their career development, learn, and update skills.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to SVP, Public Funding
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 15%Apply