The Fund Analyst, as part of the Fund Management team within Cinnaire’s Asset Management division, works closely with the Fund Manager and the Construction Asset Managers. The Fund Analyst works to continuously improve investor relations by assisting with quarterly reporting and credit projections The Fund Analyst interacts with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment and remains flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews draft 8609s and cost certifications. Provides feedback to the Construction Asset Managers and Fund Manager regarding potential impact to the financials.
- Supports team by developing, analyzing, and maintaining equity financial projections by updating actual and projected property performance, construction timeline, and lease-up schedules.
- Supports quarterly reporting activities, including year-end audits and tax reviews.
- Assists with responding to investor requests, including benefit schedules and custom reporting requests.
- Assists with maintaining information flow for completion of cost segregation studies.
- Assists with maintaining MRI database and investor portal.
- Completes special projects which may be requested at various times.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in finance, accounting, or real estate related field required.
- Intermediate to advanced abilities in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Experience with macros, pivot tables, and financial functions in Excel.
- Aptitude for and/or experience preparing long-term real estate proformas, calculation of IRR, projection of net sale proceeds, and analysis of multi-property portfolio performance.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates them into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Doesn’t limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Customer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
- Self-Development: Operate with the mindset of continuous improvement. Embrace their career development, learn and update skills.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Executive Vice President, Operations and Corporate Risk Management
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: Minimal (5%)Apply