A Dispositions Relationship Manager (DRM) manages the dispositions of an assigned pipeline of real estate equity investments. Generally, this includes analyzing various exit strategies to ensure the financial success of investors, continuing compliance with executed partnership equity and loan agreements, and adherence to various program compliance needs and regulatory agreements. These functions are fulfilled through ongoing negotiations, project monitoring, reporting, and relationship building with owners of individual partnerships. The DRM will direct legal counsel, tax advisors, title and all other involved parties through the closing process and effectuate a timely exit of the investor limited partner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying certain Y11 – Y13 (Outreach) properties and communicating with Sponsors / GP’s re Y15 planning / exit strategies
- Review of lower-tier operating level partnership agreements, loan documents and other pertinent documents relative to disposition transactions
- Review and validation of disposition analysis models including notes section
- Recommendations of valuation requests (i.e. BOV, appraisal, etc.)
- Presentation of Action Items and recommendations to Disposition Committee
- Determination of investor consent or investor notification requirement and preparation of investor correspondence accordingly
- Negotiating terms and conditions with the Sponsor / GP
- Executing the disposition action plan/strategy
- Preparation or review of Letter of Intent and all other necessary communications
- Securing stakeholder consents including State HFA’s, as required, and lenders, as required
- Review of draft legal and other pertinent documents
- Follow-up with any and all parties to achieve final closing
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or Real Estate/Urban Planning preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in finance, accounting, or real estate related field required.
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills (Excel, Word) required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer relationship skills required.
- Aptitude for and/or experience reviewing legal documents, analyzing real estate proformas, valuations, and projections of net sale proceeds.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates them into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Doesn’t limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Customer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation towards a goal; draws upon knowledge and professional judgement to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Vice President, Dispositions
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 15%Apply