The Development Manager (DM) is responsible for leading and driving development work in assigned markets and manages development project progression or supervises third-party consultants towards that end. The DM works closely with the Vice President – Development, Cinnaire Solutions and Priority City Leaders on all matters related to the organization’s real estate development work and manages and coordinates the implementation of development projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain track record of successful project completion on or ahead of schedule, on budget, with maximum financial return, highest quality, and greatest community impact – including the ability to effectively communicate with and manage a third-party team.
- Resourcefulness and strategic thinking to overcome obstacles to secure appropriate resources.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Superior level of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Skilled in leading, inspiring, and supporting highly effective teams of professionals.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and a customer service orientation that leads to sustainable and mutually beneficial external partnerships.
- Oversees timely and efficient progress on its projects and working closely with unrelated development partners toward successful and profitable completion.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and supports teams of highly skilled consultants, architects, general contractors, attorneys, accountants, and consultants.
- Supports project packages for investors and lenders and public financing, including project grants.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience developing real estate required.
- Four years’ experience in real estate analysis preferred.
- Experience in developing feasibility analyses, creating and managing pro formas, monitoring project budgets and timelines required.
- Knowledge of real estate development best practices related to multi- and single-family affordable housing development and innovative neighborhood planning and community revitalization strategies required.
- Commercial real estate development preferred.
- Direct management experience preferred. Indirect management experience required.
- Experience with and working understanding of various CDFI and industry tools (grants, LIHTCs, NMTCs, CDBG, HOME, FHLB-AHP, historic credits, and energy credits) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficient in Advanced Microsoft Office Tools – SharePoint, Dynamics, and Teams – preferred.
- Experience with ESRI, GIS and Adobe Creative Cloud beneficial.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in real estate, legal, paralegal, business, or similar degree preferred.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Does not limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Perseverance: Accepts uncertainty by remaining focused and engaged on assignments. Looks for plausible solutions to difficult problems.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation toward a goal. Draws upon knowledge and professional judgment to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Vice President – Development, Cinnaire Solutions
Supervisory Relationship: None.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work on computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 30 percent. This position is “At-Large,” covering our work in La Crosse and non-Priority City workApply