Job Summary: The Debt Analyst assists in the underwriting of real estate debt and investments related to affordable housing and works to ensure excellent and efficient delivery of service to their Business Development team member(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, evaluates and updates financial proformas and cash flow models for potential real estate loans or investments.
- Determines initial feasibility, sizing and structure of proposed loans and recommends the most competitive product to offer.
- Performs initial analysis of the financial strength and capacity of the borrower, the sponsor, key principals and other members of the development team.
- Analyzes market studies and/or appraisals and conducts independent market research as necessary.
- Identifies and analyzes potential underwriting issues and mitigants associated with potential loans or investments.
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of Cinnaire’s pipeline.
- Prepares loan applications, commitment letters, and letters of intent for proposed transactions.
- Ensures the efficient transition of proposed loans and investments from Business Development staff to Underwriting staff.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or Real Estate/Urban Planning
- Prior experience in a Credit Analyst position.
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills required.
- Ability to model financial investments including expected cash flow and return on investment.
- Prior experience and/or knowledge of financial programs and products designed to expand the availability of affordable housing or community economic development is a plus but not a requirement. Such programs include Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Market Tax Credits, Federal and State Historic Tax Credits, Federal Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Fannie Mae lending, and other CDFI resources.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Can flex and adapt thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Doesn’t limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Resource Optimization: Applies knowledge of internal structures and existing talent to accomplish a goal.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation toward a goal. Draws upon knowledge and professional judgement to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Vice President, Credit Risk/Underwriting
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 15%Apply