Cinnaire is seeking Community Development Loan Officers (CDLO) for its new Community Development lending program, a key driver of future growth for the organization. This search represents an opportunity to join this national leader in community development finance as it continues to build out a new community lending program in newly targeted communities in Detroit, Michigan and Wilmington, Delaware. Since its founding in 1993, Cinnaire has expanded to close to 100 team members with 7 offices and programs in 9 states, partnering with community organizations to support creation/retention of 81,000 Jobs, 653 affordable housing projects, and improving lives of 97,000 low- and moderate-income Individuals. For more information about the organization, please visit www.cinnaire.com.
The CDLO is a new position which is being created to meet Cinnaire Lending program deployment and portfolio performance goals for a specified market, either the Wilmington, Delaware, Detroit, Michigan and La Crosse, Wisconsin markets. The new program is intended to focus on smaller affordable housing projects and other community development projects, such as community facilities which are not served by other existing Cinnaire programs. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Implement target market outreach and business development strategies and activities to build a robust pipeline of community financing projects that create Cinnaire’s desired impact in the target market.
- Originate community development loans, including underwriting and structuring of loans, managing the approval process, including loan committee(s) presentation(s) and collaborating with the portfolio management team to facilitate closings.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen the loan application of borrowers and support improved capacity of borrowers to repay the loan.
- Maintain uninterrupted borrower relationships to ensure proactive management of potential problems and repayment of Cinnaire capital.
- Demonstrated competency in community development and non-profit lending, cash flow and project analysis, underwriting, structuring and lending policies and procedures.
- Solid understanding of the local and regional target market government, non-profit community, economic development and real estate market dynamics.
- Proactive work style along with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills – strong detail orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a multicultural environment.
- High-level written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer software skills, including spreadsheets and databases
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in community development lending that includes knowledge of non-profit and developer issues, cash management and underwriting.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, community development, finance or urban planning is preferred.
- Established and engaged community development network in the target market preferred.
The position carries a competitive salary with growth potential, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, please contact our search consultant, David Erickson-Pearson at 303-703-6165, or email@example.com. To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.