The Business Development Associate (BDA) assists in the development and execution of Cinnaire’s business development strategy within a defined geographic area. The BDA develops and maintains knowledge of local real estate market dynamics and policies impacting affordable multifamily housing development, researches and assists in the identification of business opportunities, and supports the SVP Business Development (SVPBD) in responding to business proposals, securing signed commitments from customers, supporting customer needs, and maintaining customer relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the SVPBD in analyzing market needs and identifying business opportunities.
- Supports the SVPBD in building and maintaining strong relationships with real estate developers, public officials and staff, and non-profit and private sector partners and in maintaining a market presence.
- Under the direction of the SVPBD and in collaboration with the Underwriting Analysts, ensures timely and accurate responses to existing or potential customers, including letters of intent and applications.
- Supports the SVPBD in securing signed commitments from customers.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of real estate market dynamics, competition, state and local policies and programs impacting affordable multifamily development (including state LIHTC Qualified Allocation Plans).
- Researches potential new customers, maintains customer lists and accurate customer account information.
- Prepares for and attends customer meetings and assists with follow-up.
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of deal pipeline.
- Assists with due diligence needed for equity fund closings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Two years of continuous professional work experience, with preference for real estate or sales/customer management experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Word, etc.) required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation, and analytical and organizational skills.
- Customer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation towards a goal; draws upon knowledge and professional judgment to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances; does not limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Perseverance: Accepts uncertainty by remaining focused and engaged on assignments. Looks for plausible solutions to difficult problems.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to SVP, Business Development
Supervisory Relationship: None.
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 20%Apply