Job Summary: The Associate Analyst provides financial data entry for Cinnaire’s underwriting of real estate debt and equity investments, commercial real estate, affordable and market rate housing, and community facilities. The Associate Analyst prepares financial proformas of the proposed loan or investment and assists the analysts throughout the underwriting process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update financial proformas for potential real estate loans or investments as requested.
- Perform quality assurance monitoring for financial modeling of proposed developments.
- Document factors of the proposed loan or investment that differ from standard underwriting guidelines and criteria, including those that may require a waiver from the investor.
- Ensure the efficient transition of completed financial proformas to Cinnaire’s Analysts.
- Enter initial investment and loan data into the Cinnaire Pipeline Tracker.
- Establish the computer file structure for access by Cinnaire staff.
- Participate in industry activities, including conferences, trade shows, education opportunities, and other events that will benefit Cinnaire business relations.
- Participate in departmental staff meetings and company-wide staff meetings.
- Actively engage in the assessment of policies and procedures of the underwriting department to assist in continually improving the performance of the department.
- Other duties as needed or required
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or Real Estate/Urban Planning.
- Strong Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Database) skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under tight deadlines, manage priorities, and complete assigned tasks with minimal management follow up.