Job Summary: The Accounts Payable Clerk (APC) works in a fast-paced/high-volume environment and is responsible for processing accounts payable invoices, purchase requisitions, and check requests. The APC assists Cinnaire’s vendors with invoicing issues and is responsible for ensuring that checks are dispersed per vendor and company terms. The APC works with the accounting team to ensure the expenditures are coded properly to each entity and expense account to ensure accuracy across our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies vendor accounts, pays vendors, and resolves purchase orders, invoices or payment discrepancies.
- Issues purchase order amendments and stop payments.
- Reconciles account transactions with the general ledger.
- Performs recordkeeping and prepares financial reports.
- Matches purchase orders and receivers to invoices. Identifies errors or discrepancies and resolves them before processing.
- For Invoices without purchase orders, reviews invoice, prepares and routes for approval, obtains signatures; follows up as necessary to ensure open invoices are approved and paid timely.
- Prepares weekly payment plan for supervisor approval and assists with forecasting future weekly payments for cash flow purposes.
- Processes batches of invoices for data entry, backs up reports, and manages the weekly check run.
- Processes weekly wires, including setting up wire templates and initiating wires.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience and general knowledge of the Accounts Payable function
- Strong working knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship to financial statements.
- Ability to reconcile vendor statements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Doesn’t limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Customer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
- Diversity Awareness: Identifies the benefits and advantages of harnessing the collective insights from various individuals in the organization.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Accounting Manager
Supervisory Relationship: None
- The ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: Minimal
Benefits Offered: Medical, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Paid Mobile Phone Service, Unlimited PTO, Incentive Compensation, 403(b) Plan, and Profit-Sharing Plan.