Job Summary: The Commercial Escrow Officer is a results oriented professional with a superior work ethic who loves a challenge and enjoys developing new relationships with clients. The major components of this position include increasing the amount of business coming from current clients, developing new business relationships outside the current base of clients, and representing Cinnaire at industry-related events. The Commercial Escrow Officer works within established policies and procedures, accurately opens, processes, and closes residential and/or commercial escrow transaction, and assists the Cinnaire Title Services team in maintaining profitability.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research prospective clients in targeted markets.
- Pursue leads and follow through to successful agreement.
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects from existing client relationships.
- Understand Cinnaire’s target markets, and customer base and collaborate with Title Services team on developing market strategies to be used to attract new clients.
- Keep up to date on competitors and latest industry trends/developments.
Collaborate with Business Development team to ensure prospective clients’ needs are met.
- Preparation of settlement statement, balancing files, and disbursement.
- Preparation of escrow documents.
- Review, analysis, and compliance with escrow instructions.
- Review and analysis of purchase agreements, loan documents, and other closing documents.
- Review and analysis of title commitments, surveys, authority documents, zoning letters, leases, rent rolls, payoff letters, and construction documents, including sworn statements and lien waivers.
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of underwriting principles
- Three or more years proven track record as commercial real estate escrow officer, or other relevant title experience
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior ability in building productive customer relationships
- Ability to communicate information to staff and customers, whether technical or non-technical, in a clear, concise manner
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on prioritizing and goal setting
- Strong technical skills, with ability to focus on client needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Highest level of professionalism and customer service
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines and carry out tasks with minimal supervision
Percent Travel Required: Less than 10%Apply